Romanova L.S., Malevich S.S.
UDC 72.025. 3 /.5
LARISA S. ROMANOVA, PhD, A/Professor,
SVETLANA S. MALEVICH, Research Assistant,
Tomsk State University of Architecture and Building,
2, Solyanaya Sq., 634003, Tomsk, Russia
ADAPTATION OF HISTORICAL BUILDINGS TO MODERN CONDITIONS. EXPERIENCE OF TOMSK RESTORATION SCHOOL
The article considers one of the relevant problems of Russian cities, i.e. a loss of architectural and artistic features of historical centers. This process is determined by distortion of a historically developed composition of centers due to a destructive housing development and loss of a wide-scale historical housing development which forms the urban structure. Using the experience of Tomsk Restoration School the paper presents one of the most effective mechanisms of preserving the uniqueness of historic cities such as immovable historical and cultural heritage and a wide-scale historical housing development by their adaptation to current needs of the society.
Keywords: historical housing development; identity; preservation; architectural heritage; restoration; adaptation; education; national identity.
- Romanova L.S. Problemy sokhraneniya istoriko-arkhitekturnogo naslediya Tomska [The problems of preservation of historical and architectural heritage of Tomsk]. Vestnik of Tomsk State University of Architecture and Building. 2000. No. 1. Pp. 67–72. (rus)
- Romanova L.S. The basic principles of museum complexes (complex ‘old Tomsk’). Proc. 3rd Russian-Korean Int. Symp. on Science and Technology KORUS’99. Novosibirsk, Russia. 1999. V. 1. Pp. 199–122.
- Romanova L.S. Zdes' nachinalsya Tomsk. Proshloe, nastoyashchee, budushchee [Tomsk began here. The past, the present, and the future]. TSUAB Publishing House. 2004. 218 p. (rus)
- Romanova L.S. Gorodskaya derevyannaya zastroika. Otechestvennyi i zarubezhnyi opyt sokhraneniya i ispol'zovaniya [Urban wooden buildings. Home and international experience of preservation and use]. Vestnik of Tomsk State University of Architecture and Building. Tomsk. 2000. No. 2. Pp. 82–88. (rus)
- Romanova L.S., Sitnikova E.V. Torgovo-skladskie zdaniya k. XIX – n. XX v. i ikh rol' v formirovanii arkhitekturnogo oblika istoricheskogo Tomska [Retail buildings and warehouses late in 19th and early 20th centuries, and their role in creating architectural and historical appearance of Tomsk-city]. Vestnik of Tomsk State University of Architecture and Building. Tomsk. 2002. No. 1. Pp. 77–82. (rus)
- Romanova L.S. K probleme sokhraneniya arkhitekturno-khudozhestvennogo svoeobraziya istoricheskikh tsentrov gorodov [The problem of preserving architectural and artistic hallmarks of historical city centers]. Issledovaniya i innovatsionnye razrabotki RAASN [RAACS R&D]: RAACS collected papers: V. 1. Ivanovskii gosudarstvennyi arkhitekturno-stroitel'nyi universitet. Ed. A.P. Kudryavtsev, et al.]. Moscow : Ivanovo, 2010. Pp. 231–236. (rus)
- Romanova L.S., Litvinova O.G. O rezultatakh fundamentalnogo issledovaniya po razvitiyu teoreticheskikh osnov sokhraneniya arkhitekturno-stroitelnogo naslediya [Basic research results on developing theoretical essentials of architectural heritage conservation]. Vestnik of Tomsk State University of Architecture and Building. Tomsk, 2010. No. 2. Pp. 55–71. (rus)
- Romanova L.S. Ischezayushchee svoeobrazie (na primere istoricheskogo poseleniya Tomska) [Disappearing originality (Tomsk historical settlement)]. Nauchniy dialog. 2012. No. 4. Istoriya. Sotsiologiya. Kul'turologiya. Etnografiya. 2012. N 4. Ekaterinburg: Izdatel'skii dom 'Azhur'. 2012. Pp. 225–236. (rus)
- Scientific and Design Documentation of ‘Sibspecproektrestvraciya’ Siberian Institute Archive, Tomsk (1981–2010). (rus)
- Romanova L.S. Iz istorii restavratsii doma grazhdanskogo inzhenera A.D. Kryachkova v g. Tomske [History of restoration of Kryachkov’s house in Tomsk-city]. Proc. Conf. ‘Historic Environment and Problems of Tomsk Wooden Architecture’. Centenary of Kryachkov’s house]. Tomsk: TPU Publishing House, 2011. 92 p. (rus)
- Tutorials of the Restoration and Reconstruction of Architectural Heritage Department, TSUAB (2000–2013). (rus)
- Pod’yapol'skii S.S., Bessonov G.B., Belyaev L.A., Postnikova, T.M. Restavratsiya pamyatnikov arkhitektury [Restoration of architectural monuments]. Moscow: Stroyizdat, 2000. 288 p. (rus)
- Proc. 1st Int. Cong. of Restorers ‘Restoration in Russia and Worldwide: Development Strategies’ (Moscow, Sept. 25–26, 2013)]. Available at: www.rcongress.ru (11.10.2013)
Full text | (653 Кб)