Guide for Authors
Vestnik Tomsk State University of Architecture and Building
Authors should submit their articles and supporting documents in electronic form. Articles submitted in Microsoft Word 97/2010 should be sent to the Publishing House at email@example.com, and hard copies should be sent by post to Tomsk State University of Architecture and Building, Solyanaya sq., 2, Building 1, Publishing office of TSUAB (Vestnik TSUAB), 634003 Tomsk Russia. Files should be entitled in the following manner: Last Name, Name, and Title of the Article.
Articles should be accompanied by the review of a specialist with an academic degree in the corresponding area, expert conformation of publishing in open press, author’s reference, accompanying letter, and copyright transfer agreement. Forms and examples can be found on corresponding web-pages at http://www.tsuab.ru/en/research/vestnik. Documents and articles in electronic form and hard copies (2 copies) affixed with seal and signature should be submitted to the publishing house no later than 3 month ahead of the publication.
All scientific papers should undergo the review procedure for publication according to the Higher Attestation Commission regulations. Guidelines for paper reviewing can be found on the corresponding page - Peer review. The Editorial Board maintains the right to decline the article or send it back to the author for reworking. Copyright is defined by the Copyright Transfer Agreement and current legislation of the Russian Federation.
Royalty fee is not considered. There are no page charges.
Article manuscripts and electronic copies are kept by the publishing house. In case of submission of articles which do not correspond to the requirements listed above, they are not accepted.
The article will be considered by the editorial board and reviewed only if it meets the following requirements:
- The article size should not exceed 10 printed pages (page format A4), including illustrations, reference list and authors’ affiliations);
- Content of the files on CD should fully correspond to printed variant;
- Text format: single spacing, font: Times New Roman, font size: 11 pt., color: black. Color images and tables must be converted to gray scale mode;
- Margin size: left – 2 sm., right – 5,9 sm., top – 3,5 sm., bottom – 5,5 sm. The space from margin to header is 2,5 sm, the space from margin to page footing is 1,5 sm.;
- Tables, illustrations and formulae should have references;
- Illustrations and tables should have captions, placed above tables and under the illustrations accordingly. Illustrations, tables and captions are embedded in the text. Illustrations of the following graphic formats are accepted: GIF, JPEG, PNG;
- Use only Word 97/2010 (MS Equation 3.0) editor or MathType 6 for formulae writing;
- Avoid double spaces and word wrap in headings;
- Place UDC Identifier (Universal Decimal Classification) in the left upper corner in capital letters;
- Author(s) name(s) should be placed below UDC Identifier in the left upper corner in capital letters; including scientific degree and title written in lower-case letters, and e-mail addresses of all the authors and the affiliations;
- Title of the article should be aligned “flush left” and written in capital letters;
- The title is followed by abstract containing the main content of the article, purpose of the research, the applied methods, principal results and major conclusions. The abstract should not be less than 300 and not more than 500 symbols;
- Keywords follow the abstract (5-6 words). They should reflect the main problems of the article and research relevance;
- Use the standard word processor formatting (MS Word) for the first line indent and paragraphs;
- Please ensure that every reference cited in the text is also present in the reference list in the order of appearing in the text. References are given in square brackets. It is recommended to make references to the articles published for the last 5 years in peer-reviewed scientific journals. Web references should include the author’s name, title of the article and the journal, publisher’s imprint, full URL and date of using the website;
- Reference list is given at the end of the article separately. Titles of the books, report collections, conference reports are written in italics;
- Hard copies of the articles (2 copies) should be signed by the authors and scientific advisor (for PhD students);
- Author’s information should include: full name, academic degree and academic title, affiliations, title, telephone number, e-mail address;
- The right example of article formatting is available at www.tsuab.ru in the section “Vestnik Tomsk State University of Architecture and Building”.
The editorial board would appreciate if all authors would include a short compilation of the importance of the obtained results in section “Conclusion” for the expert report.
Upon acceptance of an article, authors receive a Copyright Transfer Agreement, which they must sign. Acceptance of the agreement ensures full copyright protection and the widest possible dissemination of information.
Authors are required to suggest contacts of three potential peer-reviewers (names and e-mail addresses). They should not be from the same university as author(s) of the article and should be independent of the author or project. Note that the choice of reviewers remains at the editor’s discretion.
Authors will be informed about the status of the article within 1-2 days. In the case of not corresponding with the requirements, the article may be sent back for improvement.
If you have any questions, please contact Natalia Kakhaeva: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +7 (38 22) 65 25 15.
You may subscribe to “Vestnik Tomsk State University of Architecture and Building”. Subscription fee is 1200 rubles per year. Postal code is 20424. The subscription is performed in post offices by unique catalogue “Pressa Rossii” (Russian Printed Press) of “Agentstvo podpiski i roznitsy” (The Agency of Subscription and Retail), JSC.