Plasma based surface modifications of wood and wood polymer composites (WPC) materials and the application of electromagnetic fields for wood and WPC
The project is supported by the EraSME funding program
Development of new methods and improvement of the existing methods of wood and wood polymer compound (WPC) materials using plasma technology and impregnation with vacuum-drying in electromagnetic field.
Project period: 2015 – 2016
- Russian partners: Sibfaktoria, LLC, Tarnaya Baza, LLC, Vakta, LLC, Tomsk State University of Architecture and Building
- German partners: INNOVENT e.V. Technologieentwicklung Jena, Tigres GmbH, IHD Institut für Holztechnologie Dresden gemeinnützige GmbH
Project budget: € 206,000
Anticipated project results:
- Scalable coating system with plasma jet system.
- New technology of APCVD and SolGel wood surface modification.
- New feeding system for introduction of particles, solutions or dispersion into gas streams.
- Experimental unit for wood surface treatment with low-temperature plasma.
- Technology of wood impregnation and vacuum-drying including automated unit for wood impregnation and combined vacuum-drying in electromagnetic field.
Events in 2015 within the project
- Experimental study of plasma treated wood samples
- Mold resistance test of plasma treated wood samples
- Bacterial test of plasma treated wood samples
- Research internship of TSUAB postgraduate student in INNOVENT (14.09.2015 – 4.12.2015)
- Joint participation in 12th International Conference "Gas Discharge Plasmas and Their Applications" (GDP 2015), 6-11 September, 2015
- Visit of TSUAB professor G. Volokitin to INNOVENT as a keynote speaker with the presentation on the topic of «Atmospheric low-temperature plasma for building materials surface modification» at the seminar "25th ak-adp Workshop: Uder Forum Atmospheric Pressure Plasma", 9-10 March, 2016
Joint publications within the project:
1. A. Pfuch, O. Beier S. Spange, S. Gerullis, C. Wiegand, K. Horn, G. G. Volokitin, B. Grünler, A. Schimanski: Composite thin films made by atmospheric pressure plasma CVD for bactericidal applications. 12th International Conference "Gas Discharge Plasmas and Their Applications" (GDP 2015), Tomsk, Russia, September 6–11, 2015, published in Izvestia Vyshich Uchebnych Zavedeniy. Fizika v58 (9/3) (2015) p. 32-35
2. V. Vlasov, G Volokitin, N. Skripnikova, O. Volokitin, V. Shekhovtsov, A. Pfuch: Non-equilibrium melting processes of silicate melts with different silica content at low temperature plasma. 12th International Conference "Gas Discharge Plasmas and Their Applications" (GDP 2015), Tomsk, Russia, September 6–11, 2015, published in Izvestia Vyshich Uchebnych Zavedeniy. Fizika v58 (9/3) (2015) doi:10.1088/1742-6596/652/1/012022
3. S. Gerullis, A. Pfuch, S. Spange, F. Kettner, K. Plaschkies, P.V. Kosmachev, G.G. Volokitin, B. Grünler: Antimikrobielle Beschichtungen auf Holz mittels Atmospheric Pressure Plasma Chemical Vapour Deposition (APCVD), Holztechnologie 5, 2016, (pp. 16-25)